Mittwoch, 9. April 2014

April





There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; 
There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.

William C. Bryant

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/april.html


This is my block for April in my 2014-quilt, 
where I add a block each month and work with two colors only. 
Since I had been thinking so much about Ginkgo trees lately and I just had tried to make such a design with five leaves which form a flower
(see my post below), 
I decided that this is just the right motif here.
This time I arranged the circle of leaves in a way that one can choose between a more static view of the circle with a clear axis of symmetry in the middle as shown above, or a view with more movement and rotation in it; to achieve that impression one only has to turn the block like this:  




For my 2014-quilt, I chose the more symmetrical version. 
So, all blocks assembled, "my year" looks like this so far: