Donnerstag, 21. März 2013

Im Café / At The Café


"Strangely enough, the first character in Fried Green Tomatoes was the cafe, and the town. 
I think a place can be as much a character in a novel as the people."
Fannie Flagg

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/cafe.html


Well, not only in a novel I think!
For me a café IS a character,
it's just another one of these magical places, 
where you feel very much alive!

My wallhanging shows:

my idea of a coffee bean



a tea leaf
(design: 501 Quilt Blocks, Better Homes and Gardens)



a sun bonnet, hung up for a while, or:
used in one of these lovely garden cafés...
(design: 501 Quilt Blocks, Better Homes and Gardens)



a heart!



a cup with something hot and tasty in it




a lovely piece of Black Forest cake (well, there are two in fact, this is soooo delicious!)



a nice window



... and lots of books of course!! :-)




this is my quilt as a wallhanging, 64 x 64 cm, 25" x 25",
patchwork and appliqué,
completely handmade
The letters say "Im Café", 
it's German for "At The Café"