Dienstag, 12. März 2013

Bin am Meer/ I Am By The Sea


"Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little."

Paul Carvel


dreilagiger Quilt, Wandbehang, 64 x 64 cm, Patchwork und Applikation, handgearbeitet, 
außerdem: Ich habe vier kleine Glastropfen angebracht

Quilt as a wallhanging, 25" x  25", patchwork and appliqué, completely handmade, 
the letters mean "I am by the sea" in German
also: four little glass drops are attached




This is how I made the lighthouses:







"As I gaze upon the sea! All the old romantic legends, 
all my dreams, come back to me!"

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow









here I found the lovely  two quotes:
http://www.kyledesigns.com/c=GKe6OP9Wzs3Wk8HLoFh391dAa/category/
useful_information.quotes.oceans/


... and as always, for a better view of any of these pictures: please click on the image