Samstag, 3. März 2012

In and Out, a Blue Underground Pattern

Here I found some lovely modern quilt patterns:

http://blueundergroundstudios.com/patterns/

The top of my latest quilt has a Blue Underground "In and Out" pattern.

Yesterday I ironed the newly finished top, spread it out on a layer of fleece and the big piece of fabric which is the back of my quilt, and basted all three layers, so that I now can start to do the quilting work.

Now, for the first time, my three separate layers of fabric here FEEL like ONE quilt, after they have been put together with these rough basting-stitches....and it feels good!!

(Maybe you notice that there is one block at the bottom which doesn't follow the general rule of arrangement... I love to do this, to include something which keeps the eye "fresh" and attentive!)