Montag, 19. März 2012

Fragrant Coaster



Since I love the scent of herb, especially of lavender, I sometimes make round fragrant coasters. 
When a cup of hot tea or coffee is placed on a coaster which is filled with dried herb, the full aroma unfolds with the warmth. I love that!
It works well not only with lavender, but also with thyme, rosemary, sage.... 
This is how I make them:
I fill lavender into a hand-sewn form (about 13 cm, 5") like this:


I close the form with a round piece of fabric (here I use the sewing machine) and attach a self-made, flat button in the middle. A larger circular piece of fabric with a buttonhole in the middle can then be attached on top. 
I often accidentally spill my tea everywhere, so to me it seems to be very practical to be able to remove the top of the coaster for washing, leaving the rest of the coaster with the herb inside dry.




Isn't it lovely to go outside and to enjoy the first rays of warm sunshine in early spring with a cup of hot tea or coffee, and to breathe in not only the fragrance of the fresh air, but also the aroma of your favourite brand and of last summer's lavender?! :-)