Freitag, 20. Januar 2012

Bookcat






So, in addition to my bookbirds (see my post from January 13, 2012, and if you like, click on "bookbirds" on top of this site) ... I also make bookcats now, for using them as bookmarks in lovely books.

This book shown here is "Die schönsten Märchen" (fairytales) by Hans Christian Andersen, it is from 1984 and it has these wonderful illustrations by Dagmar Berková. 
I do love this book, and to use a bookmark while holding this beautiful book in my hands, reading one of Andersen's touching fairytales, and to put my bookmark back into the book when I have to go ... and how much I love to find the right page again when I come back, because I'm welcomed with a smile by someone who "lives" in the book I love!!! Ahh, I enjoy things like that.



These are my first bookcats, I'll make more, show them here and I sell some, too, , if anyone is interested. Just send me an e-mail then:
MARIASmail@t-online.de
(for information please click also on "Give And Take" on top of this site)





Each bookcat is a unique piece, with a top that looks different than the underside, and each of my cats wears socks, very often different ones. Don't ask me why, I just like them this way! :-)
I use different pieces of fabric and a fitting woolen fleece for the batting which provides a good feeling and the stability you need in a good bookmark.
I use thread for the whiskers, I appliqué the socks and the tail and sew the face by hand. A bookcat has the same dimensions as a bookbird (21 cm/ 7cm or about 8" / 3").




For a complete view of my first collection, please click on "Bookcats" on top of this site.