Freitag, 17. Juni 2011

A Mailholder




A friend of mine just talked about how he found an old postcard....
So I was thinking about my oldfashioned mailholder: I love to keep letters and postcards, which were once written to me, in a nice place. I still have some letters and postcards which were written to me by my parents and sisters when I was a little girl. My oldest card I still keep in such a bag ist from 1963 when I revceived it as a four-year-old girl.
I also still own a postcard I once wrote to my family at home while I was on a trip with my mother to the south of Germany. I had been 5 years old. My parents kept this card in a box and I found it in the basement of my parents' home after they both had died.

So, I feel it's good to keep such hand-written documents. And to go on writing them, especially when I am on a trip and there are so many new experiences to share! E-mails are great, too, but there is no way to keep an e-mail in a beautiful bag!! ;-)
I am grateful that my friend reminded me of this. I am on a trip right now and I will have to write some nice greeting cards or postcards home over the next days!