Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2011

Lovely Garden Quotes

Right now I'm at the Harold Washington Library in Chicago, where I can use the internet for a while. Behind me at the tables over there is a man laughing out loud again and again, maybe he received some funny e-mails or something, this is contagious... lots of smiling persons around me suddenly... :-)

And... at one of the wonderful wonderful Anthropologie shops here I found a tiny leaflet with the title: On Gardens and Gardening. It fell right into my arms right at the perfect moment as I'm thinking about gardening a lot... so here are some lovely quotes:

"My garden of pots is like some living diary, a collection of occasions, memories, places and friendships. Flowers exchanged, a fig tree given, campanula from a country garden, seeds from far-off places, morning glory from a neighbour, your own geranium cuttings, and a clematis for a special day."
Sara Midda

"Go make thy garden as fair as thou canst,
thou workest never alone;
Perchance he whose plot is next to thine
will see it, and mend his own."
Elizabeth Rundle Charles

"I'd leave all the hurry, the noise, and the fray,
For a house full of books, and a garden of flowers."
Andrew Lang

And here is one for lovers:

"I have a garden of my own,
shining with flowers of every hue.
I loved it dearly while alone,
but shall love it more with you."
Thomas Moore