Samstag, 20. Juli 2013

Grandma

Well, obviously I grew infatuated with making these single-letter-minis, I love what happens when they are combined to express something, and I love how each letter is an individual.

Well, here is a little story:
A very dear person (slightly older than me and feeling very young, mostly) once told me: You are a 


!! So. I must admit, at that point I was a bit thinking: what the hell ...?? , means: I didn't feel particularly flattered, considering the fact that I don't even have children and I don't feel so very old (mostly), only being a bit over fifty....
( I love these lines in "To Kill A Mockingbird":
"Nome, I mean the folks on our street are all old. Jem and me's the only children around here. Mrs. Dubose is close to a hundred and Mrs. Rachel's old and so are you and Atticus."
"I don't call fifty very old," said Mrs. Maudie tartly.)

So, we couldn't clarify all implications right at that time, but maybe this very dear person will shed some light on this remark one of these days...

So well, - I hope something like this was implied, that would be nice, because I can absolutely relate to these rules:



http://www.nnhs65.com/NNHS-NEWS-B/SGT-grandparents-house-rules.jpg