Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011

St. Nicholas' Day






It's December 6, St. Nicholas' Day, today and that's for me the start to work on my Christmas Quilt again. It's some kind of a ritual which started 2009: from December 6 to January 6 each year I work on a Christmas Quilt. This is my first one and the top is nearly finished, I'm working on the border now. Maybe I am able to finish the quilting work this time....and on Jan 6 I will carefully fold it and store it until the start of the Christmas season in 2012. (The picture from the post below - December 4- was taken last year.)


The best thing is to unwrap the piece on St. Nicholas' Day and see what was done before... so I nearly forgot that I already had started to work on the border last year, I am delighted to see that it looks really good, to me that is! :-) This working on a Christmas quilt - whoever might use this piece later in life - gives me some good feeling I can't describe further, I only know it's much better than rushing back and forth through shopping malls. I feel that I give my time to something that really counts. Baking cookies and such: the same thing! Ahhh, I love this season (just like I love every other season, too!).