Montag, 12. Dezember 2011

Christmas Cards




These are my Christmas cards this year: little handmade quilts with a hand-appliquéd tree-motif on top. The quilts are the size of a postcard, so it's easy to send them with a normal envelope. I decided not to use any templates, so each tree has an invividual form, plus I add one or more stars (embroidered with yellow yarn) and a tree top, which is made of silk yarn ( when I work with silk pieces I collect the threads I cut off).
 I also decided against any glue or other things that are not that typical for quilts, but then again I had to solve the problem where to write Christmas messages ? So I had the idea of simply attaching a little bag to the back of the quilt, and here I can put in a little card or a folded piece of nice paper. So the recipient of such a Christmas card takes the message out of a little quilt bag...I think that sounds ok, doesn't it? 
(I also attach a little loop, just in case anyone wants to hang up this little Christmas quilt.)