Samstag, 1. April 2017

Labyrinth



This is a sketch I made of a labyrinth, I had found a similar image on the internet.
(bloggermymaze.wordpress.com)

I like that one very much because when you enter this labyrinth you can't go wrong!
It's just a question of walking ahead and of staying in a good mood, even if it feels as though it's a long and even longer way to go and as if one is moving away from the destination more and more, 
whereas yes, in fact one gets closer and closer and the goal can't be missed.

I tried to translate this maze into a work of patchwork and made a wallhanging.
(34 + 34 cm, 13,3" + 13,3")



I applied a slight line, drawn with chalk, to indicate, that yes, 
someone already went this way! 
It can hardly be detected, one has to look very closely.





"That (labyrinth)...became a world whose rules I lived by, and I understood the moral of mazes: sometimes you have to turn your back on your goal to get there, sometimes you're farthest away when you're closest, sometimes the only way is the long one."

- Rebecca Solnit, Wanderlust

www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/labyrinth