Sonntag, 8. November 2015

Funny Quilt Patterns




Is there any such thing as a funny, humorous quilt pattern?
Well, yes, I find many of the quilts by Freddy Moran very nice, light-hearted and funny, if you are interested, just google her name and lots of colorful fine quilts will
come up which will make you smile.


But other than that?
Quilt patterns usually show finely arranged lines and pieces,  and often I stand in awe of the grace and rich cultural and historic tradition they reflect...
but I don't know many patchwork-patterns which are really telling FUNNY stories, but maybe that's just me, I'd be grateful for suggestions.




So I created my own pattern, which is hopefully SOMEWHAT funny, 
I called it "Funky Doo", 
and this is my first attempt to make a quilt with this pattern:





And since the Christmas season is not too far away anymore,
I added a "Happy Reindeer"-pattern:






So this is now a "Happy-Reindeer"-Quilt: