Donnerstag, 9. April 2015

2014-Quilt Completed





I just finished the quilting and binding of my quilt "2014",
which shows one self-designed block for each month of the last year.
So it now got a "face".

The dimensions are 96 x 124 cm (about 38" x 49"),
it's all sewn and quilted by hand, and I used cotton yarn and fabrics.
The batting is a smooth and somewhat thick cotton sheet.

I debated the point with myself whether to hang it with a second rod in a long sleeve at the bottom end of the quilt, 
so that it could hang more evenly and smoothly,
but then again it wasn't such a plain and smooth year,
so no, 
and yes, I added a second rod at the bottom, but it hangs in small loops;
 that way I can add some straightening with a second rod below for better hanging, 
but I can also allow of some slight "wave" and movement 
for the form on the whole.