Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2015

Ginkgo - Garden - Quilt: Happy New Year!



How I love to start a New Year with a newly finished quilt!
This one is called "Ginkgo - Garden" because of the fifteen blocks that show 
five multicolored Ginkgo-leaves in a circle, 
growing from a five-sided figure in the center, 
thereby forming five petals.




Rows of garden flowers form the border.
There are forty-six of those.
This is one of them:



I wanted the whole "garden" to show both bright and shadowy places.



The quilt is sewn and quilted by hand,
and it's filled with two layers of batting:
a sheet of pure pre-washed wool plus a piece of fleece, consisting of pure cotton.
So I have enough volume for the quilting-stitches to give a good profile to the quilt, 
while the wool provides a lovely warmth.



I put this label onto the back:






With this Garden Quilt I wish to send 
best wishes for a lovely, colorful and joyful New Year to everyone!