Dienstag, 12. August 2014

Quilts in Movies: Cloud Atlas



I so much love to find beautiful quilts in movies I like - as I found them in "You've Got Mail" or in "The Descendants", "The Human Stain" or in "When Harry Met Sally"  or in "Lincoln" (I showed some pictures here before)...
and now I watched "Cloud Atlas" for the second time and only now did I realize that there is this wonderful "windmill"-quilt in Luisa Rey's room (Halle Berry). Only now did I notice so many more important details in this extraordinary movie - never saw anything like this, and never read any such novel like "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell. It's such an adventure: to read this book, to see this movie.
And this quilt looks so good in her room! A quilt always tells something important about the person who owns (and sometimes made) it.

I found this picture here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/apotospitomou/9268079358/