Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014

"A Priceless Coin of Time"



"For a priceless coin of time, their hands are linked by a few inches of fragrant herb, witnessed by a dozen blood-orange sunflowers."

This is one of many really stunning sentences in the book "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet" by David Mitchell. 
I think this novel is absolutely fantastic: abundant with detailed descriptions of extraordinary historic situations and places, abundant with unique characters, rich in plot, in wisdom as well (I think he very subtly and successfully promotes the idea of  the importance of peaceful cooperation and solidarity between humans of different ages, genders, cultural or social backgrounds).
 I so much enjoyed reading this book!

The picture shows my May-block for my 2014-quilt.
It looks like this now: