Dienstag, 13. August 2013

Lupine's Birthday






Today I celebrate the third birthday of my "Lupine"-studio which was opened on August 13, 2010.
I still love my work and the "rustic" way I do it, it is my world and it means everything to me.
I'd like to thank all my friends and family-members who support me with their ideas, their questions and suggestions.
And oh, to hear the question out of the blue from somewhere: "Could you please make for me  … a quilt, a cushion, a bird, a teddy bear, a bookmark, a bookend, a bag, a tablerunner, 6 coasters, a butterfly….? I would like to have it with ….roses, with stripes, all in blue….. and oh, I have these fabrics from my grandma, could you work that in…..?"
I LOVE it! Yes, I can! :-)
(If you like to see examples of my work, please click on "Lupine" at the top of this site.)

For the rest of my experiences , well, I try to see it that way:

Rocks in my path? I keep them all. 
With them I shall build my castle.

Nemo Nox






http://thelightworkerchronicles.blogspot.de/2011/02/lupine-flower-of-creativity-imagination.html



For everyone who is interested in learning about why I  chose the name "Lupine" for my work and studio: please go to this lovely site and read about the children's book "Miss Rumphius" by Barbara Cooney, 1982:





I bought this lovely book in 2010 at the wonderful "Magic Tree Bookstore" in Oak Park (near Chicago), Illinois (established 1984). I loved that place!!
http://www.oakpark.com/Shopping/Shops/Magic-Tree-Bookstore/


And this is my goal for the future: I intend to learn some new techniques of quilt making. I realize I'm rather - and sometimes too- old fashioned in my way to design quilts or quilted objects. So much to learn!!