Sonntag, 23. Juni 2013

International Quilt Festival in Chicago

I had been to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago (Rosemont).
I had only time to attend on the Preview Night and the following day, but, oh, I had so much fun!
So many beautiful quilts on display!  I especially love the ones which are pieced and quilted by hand, so much personality and individual "handwriting" in them! And next to each quilt hung a written statement by the quilter upon why they designed the quilt in this special way: so many interesting stories were told!



At one booth I also talked to some charming ladies from the "Project Linus": they create and then donate handmade quilts to children in need, such a wonderful idea! On my next trip to the US I will bring a quilt, there are "Project Linus" groups and places to collect quilts all over the US and Canada!
I so much love the "Peanuts" cartoons, especially Linus who always carries a blanket, and this project is simply fabulous!


There is a lovely book by Jennifer Chiaverini about "Project Linus", the title is 
"The Giving Quilt".
And this is the website:
http://www.projectlinus.org/

And here are some more of my mid-19th century- style- bookmarks, I wrote about them in my post from June 4, 2013. I made them while I had been on my US-trip..... this is MY country for learning more about quilts, quilters, quilting books, quilting techniques, quilt-history and quilt projects! :-)