Montag, 8. Oktober 2012

Road to California




"There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. 
And then there is California." - 

Edward Abbey

http://www.californiality.com/2010/06/best-quotations-about-california.html


The pattern in the middle here is called: "Road to California".


I used this pattern with variations in the other blocks for this
mini-quilt (77x78 cm) to show something of California being just "different"
I had been to California more than 20 years ago and am so much looking forward to seeing friends there again this year and to enjoy this "being different"! So I had a good reason to choose this pattern for my mini-quilt!


... and no, I didn't press much this quilt, I like it when quilts don't look so very neat
and orderly... :-)

I took to making mini-quilts lately because I like it that they can be used in so many different ways:
they may decorate the wall, the table, a bed or a sofa or even cover a baby.

This quilt is sewn and quilted completey by hand and consists of cotton (top), light wool (batting) and linen (backing).