Sonntag, 29. Juli 2012

Honeycombs



This is my latest quilt: an old-fashioned, practical household quilt, showing a traditional patchwork pattern, the honeycomb. I love the pattern very much, I like how everything fits so easily! Also, I took whatever fabrics I had at hand and combined them freely within the strips, and well, as it happens so very often, I am surprised that they - for example blue stripes and egg-plant-colored flowers - go together ok! I think they are all making a good match...
The quilt is made with cotton and linen, the batting is light wool. (1,40 x 1,80 m,  55" x 71") For the first time I have sewn the top completely with my machine, so I was able to finish this quilt in a relatively short time. The quilting is still done by hand, because I so much love the look of hand-made stitches.


The button in the middle is a gift from my family, it was bought in the Normandy, France, in Cambremer, at a lovely mosaic shop called "Elle-Mosaique".

... and I always attach a label: