Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2011

Lavender Bookmarks


At home I keep my quilted bookmarks in a lavender-scented bag. That means I have a linen bag for my collection of bookmarks. This bag contains another small linen bag which is filled with Lavender blossoms and leaves. I also put a small piece of cotton into my bookmarks-bag, on this scrap I have given a few drops of Provencal lavender oil.
That way, when I open one of my beautiful books, for example here the novel by Henry James "The Portrait of a Lady" (with the illustrations by John Singer Sargent, oh, how lovely is that book!), I not only perceive the nice, somewhat woodenly odor of the book but also a slight lavender fragrance coming from my bookmark, to accompany me while reading....
I absolutely love that! :-)
And: when I have finished a book I give the bookmark back into my bag to refresh the fragrance. Since I have a collection of quilted bookmarks I just take another one for my next book, fresh from my scented bag. 
I am not a rich person, but these things give me the feeling of abundance and luxury!!!