Dienstag, 15. März 2011

Pockets of Happiness


"The thought has cheered me, and I'd like to hang on to that. Must protect my little pockets of happiness." says the old man in the lovely book "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, thank you so much, Fran, for recommending it to me! I love it.


Pockets of happiness are now more important than ever.
Now, here is my second quilting project I'm working on at the moment : one of my  pockets of happiness .





It's a piece that grows only very slowly, but in a lovely way: the pieces are about the size of a stamp (or half the size of a stamp sometimes). I don't have any plans with it, I just add one piece after the other as it comes and we'll see when it will be finished. Also, it's a great way to use remnants. I'm sparing with my fabrics, so: what's even too small to be used here is going to a stack of tiny remnants with which I fill my stuffed animals and dolls.


Here is another "pocket of happiness": flowers. I took a picture of a blooming hyacinth and my camera (a simple one) refused to take a sharp picture, but I like it anyway, the picture looks a bit like a painting... :-)






And then, my breakfast is a "pocket of happiness", I love my daily oatmeal and fresh fruit!! Delicious! With a darjeeling tea, a bit milk.... hmmmm! (This picture was taken in Madison, Wisconsin, last summer.)