Sonntag, 13. Februar 2011

Literary Quilts

With a Literary Quilt I try to visualize what I see in a book.
For me a Literary Quilt is a daily reminiscence of a friend.
Because a book I love is my friend for life.
Over the next weeks I will talk about some of my Literary Quilts.
Sometimes I give a Literary Quilt to someone who loves that piece. Perhaps you read in my first post "My Lupine Studio: Welcome!" how I handle that : He / she then decides what to give me back in return. My "Lupine" is about exchanging gifts. So I don't have a price list.
I also love to work with persons who would like to design their own Literary Quilt on a book they love. I can try to do that online, too. Or: I'd be happy to learn that someone just starts to work on a Literary Quilt, just because this post here served as an inspiration!

"Everybody's got a fairyland of their own." Mary Poppins (by P. L. Travers)


This is a photograph by Arndt Laude, Hamburg (www.alaude.de):